Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!! ~~~Plans ~~~

It's 2009 and I'm feelin' fine!!!!

My resolution:
This year I'm going to be more active and eat less chocolate. I don't care if I loose weight(well I'd like to), but I just want to be out and about more. Coming home and watching T.V. or playing on the computer is not going to cut it anymore.

My travel plans for 2009:
I plan on spending time back East in Philadelphia at the end of May. I am going to be heading out there to take my friend (roommate) Arlene to Villanova for her Master's Program. We will be driving so she can have her car with her. (I've already been mapping out our route. I'm so excited!) Then I'll fly home--I'm going to need a good tax return so let's cross our fingers! Hopefully, Tracie will come with us too. That would be sweet!!! I'm excited to see more places in this beautiful, FREE country!! Arlene might let Tracie and I take her car over into D.C. (I'm freaking out!) so I can see our National Capital.

After I'm done in Philly, I hope to spend some of my summer on the Northwest Coast. There is talk about some of my family heading up to Washington, by way of Cali and Oregon. We may even cross the border (I might even be able to get another stamp on my passport) into Canada to visit Victoria. AWESOME!! I hope everything works out. However, if it doesn't pan out, I'll be home in Pima -- Primary will have to do without me.

Scripture plans for 2009:
Well I didn't want to make a New Year's Resolution to read the Book of Mormon again -- I've been doing this so long that it is now just a good habit, so I decided that I'm going to read a chapter in the Old Testament each day, with a few verses from the BoM mixed in. (I don't want to sound preachy, but I know that my life is blessed and is much happier because I read from the Book of Mormon each day -- Thank you mom for teaching me this!) Now I need to expand my scripture knowledge by mixing in the other standard works. I've read the Doctrine & Covenants straight through quite a few times and the Pearl of Great Price, but I don't remember actually reading the Old and New Testaments straight through so this is going to be my challenge. I think I'm going to need some prayers for this one.

Temple plans for 2009:
I'm going to try a new one this year -- go to the temple at least once a month for an endowment session and at least once a month for initiatories-- hopefully I can do more. I love to go to the Temple!! I can't wait till there are more to visit in Arizona! (I probably should get up to the Snowflake Temple soon because I haven't been in that one--yet!) ---(Maybe one of my Temple Plans for this year should be to do at least one sealing! HAAAAAHEEE! You never know. I haven't given up hope--yet!)

School/Work plans for 2009:
Survive!!

I hope you all have some great resolutions. If you have a good one let me know about it. I probably should do more and your ideas will help me!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

I always forget to add the church things in my resolutions! I like your resolutions! I hope that you make it up the coast...heck, I would love to go as well. Maybe during the filming of New Moon??? We really enjoyed being with you and the folks for Christmas. I know one more resolution you should add. Go to Jana's house once a week for good food and good company! Or that could fall under the get out of the house one. Love ya!

Jana said...

Oh, and I am totally wearing the "Bitten" shirt you made me! LOVE IT!!!

Family Time "8 is Never Enough"