
If Arlene can write an Ode to TMZ, I can write a poem for Masterpiece Theatre. Here goes. Thanks for the inspiration! I recommend all the movies mentioned in this verse. Enjoy!
Oh I Love My English Theatre!
Oh I love my English Theatre!
The love story of Lizzy and Mr. Darcy.
Oh the Pride (& Prejudice) that goes before the fall (It worked for Adam & Eve).
Oh I love my Early 1800s English Love stories that start out as irritable vices!
The loathing admiration of Miss Margaret Hale and Mr. John Thornton(The Man of My Dreams).
Oh the North & South that fight in both the Old World & the New. (The love of both soon shown through. The North always the victor!)
Oh I love my English Movies!
The clueless love of Emma who finally can see the perfect man in Mr. Knightley.
Oh if only I could be clueless and fall for a man like that.
Oh I love my English Dramas!
The funny antics of Earnest and the Importance of his name.
Oh to be so silly, I could wish away the days.
Oh I love my English Costume Scenes!
The Ideal Husband who is placed upon too high a pedestal.
Oh how I hate that wicked witch that causes such a ruckus.
Oh I love my English titles!
The Room with a View with all of Italy to see,
The wild imagination of Northanger Abby, this proves that reading too much can cause some damage,
The sweet romance that starts Under the Greenwood Tree with a serenade of Christmas Hymns,
The totally depressing beginning of Persuasion and the poor lady who loves the man who thinks she hates him,
The Wives and Daughters that doesn't end with a kiss -- Oh how my imagination runs away!
Oh how I love my English Theatre!
Is it the charming story lines, probably.
Is it the sometimes wonderful acting, maybe.
Is it the lovely music that trills with mirth and merriment, could be.
No. I think it must be the accent with which the actors speak.
Oh send me a man that speaks with an English accent or any accent at that.
Oh how I love my English Dramas, how I hope to have one of my own someday!



4 comments:
Praise be thy poetry! May you be blessed with accented men(with good teeth)!
Yes, good teeth required! Love the poem! It was good seeing you last night. I miss laughing and hanging out with you guys. Love ya!
Hey Tonja this is Jana's friend Christy...not trying to be a stalker but I love your "poem". I think its all because of you that I started my Richard Armitage obsession! I love North and South. I watch it way to many times. Thanks for making me feel normal:)
Post a Comment