Today was Father's Day so naturally the Primary children needed to sing in Sacrament Meeting. Well guess who just got called to be Primary Music Leader in her ward? YEP -- ME! I started last Sunday, one week before Father's Day. I taught the kids a song called Fathers and they were supposed to sing it today in Sacrament Meeting.
When I get to church, I look around and see only a handful of children. Then the pianist is no where in sight -- YIKES! I started to panic because this was basically going to be a solo by me and I don't have a Soprano voice and there is no piano! To my relief (actually my quick prayer was answered), the pianist walked in right after the Sacrament had been passed. I was feeling a little less panicked. Then it's time for the song. I stand up, followed by the pianist and the Primary Pres. (she was going to hold a poster I made to help the kiddos), but no kids were coming up. What the heck!! was running through my mind. Finally a few sauntered up to the stand. We ended up with about 14 children, only 1 Senior Primary Member, the others were mostly Sunbeams & CTR 5's. We started the song and to my surprise they actually were singing. They did better on the chorus, of course, but still it sounded nice. I even heard from a ward member they did better than they did on Mother's Day -- which was a real flop. I have to say, I've been praying all week they'd do OK. I know Heavenly Father heard my prayer because with that small of numbers they should not have been able to do so well. My mom says that angels come to sing with those that need help and I think there was a tabernacle of little voices joining with ours today. It turned out great!
Then music time -- We cut the Bishop's tie. The kids had to sing really good and every time they did the Bishop would cut up his tie. The kids did amazing. One little guy said his throat hurt on the last song because he sang so hard. It was a lot of fun, but I'm exhausted. I think this Music Leader thing is going to kill me, but I'll die doing something that is so fun and truly a blessing! I must really know this Church is true to put myself through this rigamarow. YEP!
4 years ago



1 comment:
I don't want to get you more nervous, but can you imagine how it is going to be for the program. We are going to have to rent kids from other wards to sing!! :)
Post a Comment