I have been in California for the past week! It was crazy fun! I drove Jana and the boys out last Thursday. We joined Mom, Dad, and Kelvin's family it the LAND! Kyle came out Friday night. We had a great time. Disneyland wasn't too crowded, until yesterday. I couldn't believe how many people were there. It was Tuesday and the place was swarming. I'm glad we were heading home.

Indiana Jones: I got to take Courtney & Dallen (5 year olds) on the Indiana Jones ride for their first and second time. We get on the ride and wouldn't you know -- it breaks down when we're waiting in the car to go. (We had tried going earlier in the day, but it was broken down. What a pain!) We waited for about 10 minutes. During this time one of the workers went upstairs into the control room -- we could see him through the window. He started to wave to us and the kids were convinced that he was the real Indiana Jones -- it was hilarious. Finally the ride begins. Dallen had that "deer - in - the - headlights" look and Courtney was fearless. After the ride we start to get off and the worker asks us if we would like to go again. Of Course! We stayed in our seats and rode again. During this ride I tickled Courtney's arm during the bug part. She got a little scared until she realized it was me. Then she started doing it to me. Dallen thinks this is his favorite ride, but each time we went on it he still had a terrified look. It was a lot of fun! I'm glad I'm the favorite AUNT who gets to do the fun stuff with the kiddies!
Autopia & Buzz Lightyear: Being the favorite AUNT, I got to take Jarrod (3 years old) on Autopia & Buzzy a few times. He loved the rides. He couldn't get enough. He really is a serious gamer. (He comes by that naturally, what with 3 older bros and a dad and mom who love video games.) He really tries hard to get that stinkin ZURG on the buzz ride. He shoots that gun like a mad man!
One new thing about the ride to and from California:
Kyle discovered a new place to make a pit stop on the drive. About 20 miles East of Quartsite there is a place called ZIP. It has clean bathrooms and comparable gas prices. It was a nice place to stop, so check it out if you'd like.



1 comment:
Thank you, Thank you for driving us out there. I really didn't enjoy driving home! We had a blast with you and everybody. Are we still on for Friday?
Post a Comment