Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Driver's Ed.

I pride myself on being a pretty aware and safe driver, but I have had my moments. Bekah will remember this. So this summer I was headed down to Pima to take Bekah home and to hang out with my parents for a while. I had to stop off at the new Costco on Sossaman and The 60. After gassing up there, I was excited to get on my way down home. Well, that's when my one track mind kicked into "overdrive." I was on Sossaman heading South while thinking I'll just get on the freeway Eastbound and be on my way. UH-OHHHH! Yeah, that's right, there is no entrance off of Sossaman going Eastbound to the 60. OH, C-R-A-P! What do I do? I was headed straight for a wall and didn't know what to do. Well, like any person really needing drivers ed -again - I wormed my way down the Northbound side of Sossaman while driving Southbound- yeah, totally freakin' out. (Poor Bekah was wondering how crazy her favorite aunt really is. I have to say I was setting a GREAT example for this teenager who was getting ready to get her permit.) I finally found a way to turn off of Sossaman and sat there and shook for a minute. Anyway, I laugh about it now. Really, I think I should take Driver's Ed again. However, what was Costco thinking putting there store at a spot where you can't get on the freeway? I will totally blame Costco for this one.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I feel better knowing that I am not the only driving challenged person...and that you didn't pull that stunt in California with us!

Family Time "8 is Never Enough"