Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Feel Better, I'm Not the Only Loser Out There!

I know it's hard to believe, but I attended a Fireside tonight. It was the 30-39 year old one. Arlene, my good friend, dragged me there and interestingly enough there were many people that I've seen before. There were plenty of people that I have known throughout my years in the singles wards. Actually, there were plenty of men there. I was surprised. It probably should have made me feel a little sad, but it just made feel better -- I'm not the only LOSER!

Sundee- some of the people there you would have loved to see. First, Huggy-Bear was there. Weirdo Doug -- Cathy Matthews dated him once -- was there, I think it was him anyway. John Hartman, the old guy who used to hang out with Laura (He's kind of cute), Nate the Great, Rusty Janes, & old guy (Gary I think is his name -- you know he's really rich and weird and one of Rylan's friends.) Totally random, but I feel better about myself -- I think that's really sad! Anyway, Sundee you probably would have enjoyed seeing these people again, because I did. It was funny!

5 comments:

Jana said...

You are so completely far from loser! Married or not, you are still one of the most wonderful people that I know. I am sure that Heavenly Father has something very special in store for you...and not just to rid the world of scorpions! We love you!
....Oh, and just an out there thought! So, I am reading Eragon to the boys. Dang, I can't find it. But I think that it is Ajihad that mentions that Brom was in love with a woman...any chance, he is Eragon's dad? I will find the passage, but just something to think about!

Jana said...

Found it...pg. 435
Angela (not Ajihad) says, "He loved a woman, but it was his affection that was her undoing." Could explain why Eragon's mom ran away, and why Brom was in Carvahall. What do you bet she named him Eragon, because she new of his future from Angela? Sorry, just getting pumped up about the new book! And did you see that they are going to release Twilight in November?

Tonja said...

I completely thought the same thing when I read the book way back. There is definitely a mystery with Brom and Selena. I hope it is all worked out in the next books. I can't wait!

Danneel said...

Okay I refused to go to the firesides and institute until I did turn 30 - so I didn't go this month - but I do want to go in September so make sure to call me and MAKE ME GO!

Jana said...

Kyle says he thinks that Brom was in love with Arya, and that is why she keeps brushing off Eragon. The boys and I only have 26 pages left of Eragon, and then we can start Eldest. Gregg's afraid that we won't be able to get through it before Brisingr comes out!

Family Time "8 is Never Enough"