Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Kingdom of God is not only for Humans!

So interestingly enough, I caught another scorpion trying to learn the gospel at church today. Yes, I have seen another one at church before -- I'll let you in on that story in just a bit.



Today, while sitting in Primary, getting ready to do singing time while the sharing time was running way over, I was alerted by another teacher that a scorpion was at the back of the class. So, being the brave soul I am, I walked right up to it, took off my shoe and you know the rest. (I know the atonement is eternal and helps out the least of these, but I just couldn't let one of the little primary kids get stung. So, I apologize to the church-going scorpion.) I am still wondering why it was me that got the alert that there was a scorpion at the back -- you see, there was a man teacher in the room, & there were plenty of other teachers at the back of the class too. I guess someone must have known that I have some experience in these kinds of cases. Anyway the problem was solved.

So here's the totally embarrassing, church-going scorpion story that happened about 10 years ago. So while sitting in Relief Society, I felt a sting in my foot, but after inspection I didn't find any reason for the pain. So, I went on throughout Sunday School. Finally, Sacrament Meeting came and wouldn't you know, the sting in my foot was back. I couldn't believe it. Where was this pain coming from? I investigated all around me on the ground, but nothing. As I was doing this I reached down to touch my leg -- I had a little itch. OUCH!!! I felt a sting in my finger and that's when I found the culprit. The scorpion was so righteous that he or she wanted to attend church, but it came on my leg lodged within my pantyhose. Yes. That's right, a scorpion came to church in my pantyhose. I quickly told my mother, mind you we were right in the middle of the water of the sacrament. I had no other option than to stay calm. So, I took off my shoe, squished the faithful creature against my leg. I ripped the toe of my hose open and dropped the scorpion to the ground. I put my shoe back on and stuffed the hose into the shoe and quickly headed home to ice up the three stings. In the meantime, my mother scooped up the scorpion onto her program and proudly showed off what had happened to her totally embarrassed daughter. Good Times! I had problems with my leg that got stung for about a month. I had that numb feeling for a long time.

So this is why, I guess, that I was given the alert to the new church-going scorpion during primary today. Really, I never would have thought that this previous life experience would ever help me through anything, but looky there, everything happens for a reason! Any by the way, I rarely -- if ever, wear pantyhose. It has to be a really special event for this to happen!

No comments:

Family Time "8 is Never Enough"